From grocery stores to restaurants, cafes to retail stores, and even online shopping, here are some of the most popular places where Amex is accepted.
1.Which Grocery Stores In Canada Accept Amex?
Amex acceptance in grocery stores in Canada is quite common, with the big exception of Costco.
Numerous major chains across the country readily accept American Express cards.
Here’s a selection of grocery stores in Canada that do accept American Express:
- Farm Boy
- Whole Foods
Does Loblaws Accept Amex?
Loblaws does not accept American Express and neither do any other Loblaw Companies.
Fortinos, Real Canadian Superstore, Shoppers Drug Mart, No Frills, T&T Supermarket, Valu-mart, Your Independent Grocer and Zehrs do not accept American Express.
Loblaws is focused on promoting their own PC Financial cards and offerings.
2. Which Restaurants & Cafes In Canada Accept Amex?
American Express is widely accepted in restaurants and cafes across Canada, including popular chain restaurants and local eateries.
Here’s a selection of restaurants and cafes in Canada that accept American Express:
- Burger King
- Second Cup
- Tim Hortons
- Richtree Market
- Oliver & Bonacini
- Uber Eats
3. Which Retail Stores In Canada Accept Amex?
Amex cards are widely accepted in retail stores across Canada.
Major retailers like Walmart, Home Depot, Best Buy, and Canadian Tire all accept Amex as a form of payment.
Winners, Homesense and Marshalls accept Amex.
Apple, Sport Chek, The Bay and Ikea also accept Amex.
Smaller boutique stores and specialty shops may or may not accept Amex.
There may also be regional variations.
Some smaller towns or rural areas might have fewer stores that accept Amex compared to larger cities.
4. Which Online Retailers Across Canada Accept Amex?
Here’s a non-exhaustive list of online retailers across Canada that accept American Express:
- Abercrombie & Fitch
- Canada Computers
- Canada Goose
- Foot Locker Canada
- Pottery Barn
- Urban Outfitters
How to Locate Amex Accepting Grocery Stores in Canada
Using the American Express Store Locator is an easy way to find places in Canada that accept American Express. Follow these steps to use the locator:
- Visit the above Amex website link
- Enter your location or allow the website to access your current location.
- Use the FILTERS button to specify the type of establishment you are looking for, such as grocery stores, restaurants, or retail stores.
- Click on the search button.
- A list of places that accept American Express will be displayed, along with their addresses and contact information.
- Further Use filters to narrow down your search by distance, merchant type, or amenities offered.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where are American Express cards accepted in Canada?
- Are American Express cards accepted at IGA grocery stores in Canada?
Yes, all IGA grocery stores in Canada accept American Express cards as of 2023. This includes IGA locations in Quebec and across the country.
- Which major online retailers accept American Express cards in Canada?
Amazon, eBay, Walmart and more accept American Express cards.
- Do government offices in Canada accept American Express cards?
No, government offices like Canada Post and Service Canada do not generally accept American Express cards. You will need a Visa, Mastercard, Debit Card or cash to make payment.