A “Meta PPGF” charge on your credit card statement is related to a payment you made using Meta Pay, previously called Facebook Pay.
Meta Pay is a payment service offered by Facebook which allows users to make payments and send money to other users through Facebook’s various platforms and apps, including Facebook, Messenger, Instagram, and WhatsApp.
This could be to buy a product or service online, to donate to a cause, or even to send money online.
What Is “Meta Pay” And How Does It Work?
Meta Pay is Facebook’s proprietary payment system, designed to provide a convenient and secure way for users to make transactions within the Facebook ecosystem.
Users can link their preferred payment methods, such as credit cards, debit cards or PayPal accounts, to Meta Pay to make payments.
You can use Meta Pay to make in-app purchases, buy products from businesses, or pay for services on platforms like Instagram and Facebook Marketplace.
You can even send money to friends and family directly through Messenger or other integrated apps.
How To Report An Unauthorized Meta PPGF Charge
If you see a Facebook charge on your bank statement that you don’t recognize, the first step is to ensure you have not inadvertently made a purchase.
Also confirm that no one else with access to your devices has used your Facebook account.
If you’re confident that this is a fraudulent charge, you can report it to Meta directly through Facebook.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Log into your Facebook account.
- Click the arrow pointing down at the top right of your screen.
- Select ‘Settings & Privacy’, then select ‘Settings’.
- On the left, select ‘Meta Pay’, then select ‘Activity’.
- Select the unauthorized transaction, then select ‘Get Help with this Payment’.
- Click Contact Us and choose either ‘Live Chat with Us’ or ‘Email Us’ depending on your preferences.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to report your unauthorized charge.
If you don’t remember setting up Meta Pay on your Facebook account or don’t have a Facebook account, then contact your credit card provider immediately to dispute the transaction.
Frequently asked questions
- What is the Meta PPGF charge on my credit card statement?
A Meta PPGF charge is from Meta Pay, a payment service by Facebook which allows users to buy a product or service, donate money to charities or send money online using their credit or debit card.
- Can I dispute a Meta PPGF charge?
Yes. To dispute a Meta PPGF charge, you can do so directly by logging into Facebook, going into the Meta Pay section, selecting the unauthorized charge and requesting to ‘Get help with this payment’. You can also contact your credit card provider directly.