ID Assist is a Canadian subscription service that acts as an early warning system for theft of your digital identity and data.
The company is owned by the Sigma Loyalty Group and is headquartered in Toronto, Ontario.
The platform helps to protect Canadians from identity thieves and other malicious activities.
ID Assist will do everything from informing Equifax and TransUnion Canada of any identity theft to even lending you money while travelling to get you home safely.
Is ID Assist Legit?
Absolutely! ID Assist is one of the more widely used identity theft and online security platforms in Canada.
Over 500,000 Canadians and most major banks use ID Assist to combat online identity theft.
It is also used by many Canadian corporations to protect their private data and the identities of their employees.
Did You Know?
According to a study by TransUnion, 49% of Canadians said that they were the target of a fraudulent scheme over the past year.
How Much Does ID Assist Cost?
First, ID Assist is free for any Canadian to try for the first 30 days.
At the end of that month, if you feel like ID Assist isn’t for you, then you can cancel your subscription with no questions asked.
For those who wish to continue using ID Assist, you will need to pay a monthly fee after the initial 30 days.
Here is a breakdown of each tier of ID Assist’s subscriptions and what they offer:
|ID Assist Gold
|ID Assist Platinum
|ID Assist Ultimate
|Canadian Credit Bureau Monitoring
|Monthly Credit Score
|Quarterly Credit Report
|Dark Web Monitoring
|Identity Theft Restoration
|Risk Assessment Tool
Pros of ID Assist
- ID Assist provides individuals, employees, and corporations with online security and identity protection.
- Using ID Assist provides peace of mind when undertaking online financial transactions.
- ID Assist customer support is available 24/7 via phone or email in case of emergency.
- Using ID Assist is convenient and affordable and free for the first 30 days.
Cons of ID Assist
- Contrary to what you might think, ID Assist does not cover all types of identity theft.
- The monthly price for ID Assist is higher than other online security services.
- ID Assist may not be necessary for all individuals, especially if they do not use online financial transactions.
- There are reports and complaints from customers about long wait times for customer support calls.
Is ID Assist Worth It?
Ultimately this will come down to your concerns about being a victim of online identity theft.
According to ID Assist, one in every three Canadians will be the victim of some type of identity fraud.
If you’ve been through the ordeal, you will already know the stress that comes with having to cancel accounts and start things from scratch.
If you are concerned about your online security then ID Assist might give you the peace of mind you are looking for.
With the first 30 days of your subscription being free, there is little to lose in giving ID Assist a try.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is it Worth Paying for Identity Theft Protection?
- How do I Opt Out of ID Assist?